Here are the things we need from you ahead of time:
- We need your bio. Look at the bios of our existing teachers for an idea of what we are looking for. We need a short version to include on any posts by you, and a longer version for your main profile page.
- We need a good photo of you. We prefer a professional head shot with you and your instrument. Again, look at our existing teacher profiles for examples.
- We need you to create a Gravatar account, and upload your image to it. It’s really simple.
– Go to https://gravatar.com
– Click on “Create Your Own Gravatar”
– Type in your email address, a username to use on the site, and a password, and click signup.
– Follow the instructions, and you shouldn’t have any trouble. But, if you get stuck, shoot me an email and I will give you a hand.
Here are the things you will need to teach the workshop:
- A Web Cam – A nice web cam is preferable, but the one in your iPhone or Computer might be sufficient.
- A decent Microphone – Your computer may also have a mic that is nice enough, but if you don’t, there are a lot of options for under $100.
- High Speed Internet – This is a Live Streaming event, so you need to have high speed internet or there will be potential for lag, or cutting out of your audio and/or video.
- A place to record the video – Things that are required is that it should be quiet and well lit. Your lighting should be from the front such that your web cam or computer is between you and the light source. Natural light is great if it’s available. Try to pick a place that has a background that won’t be distracting. simpler is better. If possible, a light grey sheet works great as a backdrop.
- A Google account – We use google hangouts to host our workshops, which requires a google account. If you don’t have one, you can get one for free at: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
- Google Chrome – If you don’t have chrome installed, go here and download chrome and install it on your computer.
- The Google Hangouts Plugin for Chrome – You need to be in the Chrome web browser to install this plugin. You can download and install it here: https://www.google.com/hangouts/ Click on the “Get Hangouts” button. Click on “Computers”. Click on Add to add it to Chrome.
Once You have these pieces in place, you need to take the following steps to link up your account to the [my] Talent Forge Page:
- Go to the my Talent Forge Google+ page here using chrome: https://plus.google.com/+Mytalentforgecom/posts
- Login to Google if you aren’t already logged in.
- Click on the Follow Button to Follow my Talent Forge on Google Plus.
About a week before the event, we will do a technical run through of the event. We will all connect, and make sure that everything looks and sounds great.
The day of the event, make sure you are ready to go and online at least 30 minutes before the workshop starts so that we can do a check on all of the details to make sure that everything is looking solid.