About Vibrato Clinic for Violinists and Violists:
Vibrato: that “special something” that enlivens the sound, touches listeners, releases tension, and defines a musical style.
- Learn essential ergonomics for healthy vibrato by applying simple biology, physics, and geometry.
- Learn and practice many tried-and-true exercises and strategies for developing, practicing, and maintaining vibrato.
- Learn about “vertical vibrato,” fingertip vibrato, vibrato for pizzicato, and the art of vibrating chords.
- Explore different colors, different speeds, different widths, different intensities.
- Adjust our vibrato for different musical styles, moods, and emotions.
- Learn to observe, analyze, and troubleshoot someone’s vibrato. This clinic is open to all levels and also highly recommended for private teachers and orchestra directors who seek to help students to develop a healthy, unique vibrato.
Dr. David “Doc” Wallace
Dr. David Wallace is a fiercely eclectic musician, award-winning composer, and master teaching artist who currently serves as Chair of the String Department of Berklee College of Music. Read More About Dr.→