[my] Talent Forge was founded in October of 2012 by Vi Wickam and Matthew Hartz. It was born out of the idea that technology can create access to quality music instruction for people who wouldn’t otherwise have it. Whether the lack of access could be because of financial, or logistical reasons, [my] Talent Forge exists to overcome these barriers.
At my Talent Forge, we believe that:
- Every person should have an opportunity to study music with a quality musician instructor.
- Finances should not keep people from becoming a good musician.
- People should be able to study music when it’s convenient for them.
- Being a musician helps us recognize our connection to each other and creates a sense of community.
- A lifelong love of music is as important as a lifelong love of learning.
It is a priority for us that our instructors be excellent teachers, and excellent musicians. It is difficult to convey what you have not mastered yourself, and if you don’t love teaching, I don’t care how great you can play your instrument.
To be a teacher on my Talent Forge is to love music, and to love sharing music in an excellent fashion.